Maintenance Technician Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Permanent Maintenance Technician Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
Salary: £20,000 to £23,500 per annum pro rata
Closing date: Sunday, 25th June 2017
Job Type: This is a full time permanent post which involves a working week of 40 hours based on a departmental shift pattern and this also includes working early mornings, weekends and Bank Holidays during the open season.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Client's team as a Permanent Maintenance Technician Mechanical/Electrical Engineer. They are part of the ever expanding Aspro Parks Group operating over 60 attractions across Europe. Here in the UK they have 9 sites ranging from aquariums, theme park and caves.
About the Role During The Open Season
As a Maintenance Technician, you will need a flexible approach to carrying out mechanical and electrical inspection duties as required at this fast paced attraction. You will play a key role in maintaining the guest rides ranging from white knuckle rides to children's smaller rides to the highest applicable standards, ensuring all safety guidelines and procedures are always adhered to. Preventative/predictive and continual maintenance must be done on a daily basis. Your mechanical/electrical problem solving and technical expertise will be required to address unforeseen ride breakdowns and all ride related technical issues.
About the Role During The Closed Season
You will be required to perform inspections and major overhauls of rides and ride related equipment including pumps, motors and drives, compressors, structures, bearings, couplings, wheel chassis, braking systems, chains and sprockets, hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, etc. Also assist on specialized activities conducted by outside OEM Contractors.
- You will need to have completed a recognised apprenticeship and/or hold recognised qualification(s) in a relevant engineering discipline Mechanical or Electrical. For example: City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3/BTEC/ONC/HNC.
- You must be confident to work at heights when required. Full training will be given.
- Previous experience of Rides Maintenance within the industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in fault finding, diagnostics and working on hydraulic/pneumatic and electrical systems is essential.
- Mechanical and Electrical experience would be beneficial
- You will be methodical, thorough in your approach to tasks and will have an eye for detail which will ensure that you are always complying with the numerous regulations that govern some aspects of this role. Health and safety will be your utmost priority in all the tasks that you carry out.
- A full driving license is essential.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, JCB Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Plant Equipment Engineer, Plant Machinery Engineer, Commercial Plant Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Electrical Engineering, ACS Gas, Electro-Mechanical Engineer will also be considered for this role.