Project Manager Utilities- South
Our client are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to manage the safe installation and working of company networks. This position is based working from home covering the South region, therefore applicants ideally need to be located in the ME postcode region and a full driving licence is essential (BR & DA postcode will also be considered).
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the installation, testing commissioning of gas, water, fibre and electric mains, services, and associated equipment and meters in accordance with company procedures.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for Health and Safety matters relating to the Installation and Commissioning of the Utility Networks.
Under the current Gas Safety Case Project Managers will be responsible for the duties stated under the section headed "Project Managers" and be reporting to the "Regional Construction Manager".
Main Responsibilities are:
- Initial and ongoing site meetings including CDM pack handover
- It is a specific expectation every new site will be contacted within a week of being notified of its existence
- Supervision that the assets are constructed as designed
- Supervision that the assets are constructed in a safe manner
- Supervision that the assets are recorded correctly
- Project Management of Network construction including material control
- Monthly site progress meetings (larger sites)
- Liaison with the Central Scheduling Team
- Large mains/cable materials selection
- Progression of site variations
- To carry out and record competency interviews with operatives
- Operative health & safety issues
- Health & safety incident investigation and reporting
- Site audits / Team audits / Van audits
- It is a specific expectation every direct team will be inspected once a month
- Audit of site preparation
- Assist with existing asset and/or plant queries
- Assist with emergencies
- Closure of corrective actions
The incumbent may also have the responsibility to act as the officer in charge during a gas or electric supply emergency and participate in the standby rota (depending upon core skills and qualifications).
- Provide accurate quality work within the department and company.
- Be readily contactable during normal hours
- Maintain a helpful and informative work environment.
- Assist the Regional Construction Manager in the development of greater efficiency within the company.
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded accurately and submitted on time.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Regional Construction Manager.
- Comply with the latest company procedures, legislation and industry skills on all aspects of day-to-day work.
The incumbents must have significant experience and/or qualifications as well as having a working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications, Codes of Practice and Recommendations relating to one of the following utilities; Gas, Electric or Water Distribution Systems. The incumbent must also have a working knowledge of both of the other utilities to enable safe and efficient management of network construction.
The post holder should preferably have one of the following; Authorising Engineer registration (gas), Senior Authorised Person (electric) or NCO3 (water) qualifications.
In addition to this the incumbent should preferably currently hold the following:
NRSWA supervisory card, relevant SHEA card and CSCS registration.