Regional Facilities Manager
A facilities management company that improves the lives of thousands of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments is seeking a Regional Facilities Manager based in London to join its expanding team. This is a regional role and travel will be required 20-50% of the time. You will receive many benefits such as 25 days holiday, life assurance, contributory pension and a company car.
This company is used to working in critical and secure environments. Its expertise in sectors such as defence, prisons, courts and hospitals is second to none. This expertise also reassures its clients in education, banking and utilities, where it welcomes its extra vigilance when maintaining and operating its buildings. It has been established for over 100 years, operate in 120 countries, globally and employ 640K people. The opportunities for development and growth within such a vast company are extraordinary.
The Regional Facilities Manager will be responsible for the operational delivery of all FM services to 8 schools with the contract and ensuring that the service is delivered in accordance with all contracted standards and legislation. They will act as engineering lead for the contract and provide advice and guidance on all hard FM issues to the engineering teams.
As the Regional Facilities Manager, your duties will include:
- Maintaining an operational focus on customer relationships, contract retention, service delivery, commercial performance, process management and new business
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and stakeholders ensuring any issues are dealt with in a professional manner
- Proactively managing compliance with all legislation as well as client and company policies
- Overseeing the recruitment, induction and employment of Operatives
- Monitoring and reviewing all staff performance on an on-going basis
- Managing all employee relation issues on site including suspensions, disciplinary actions, grievances, redundancies and absences
- Managing the wages to budget and overseeing all monthly shift reports before processing to payroll
- Actively contributing to Health and Safety meeting identifying any incidents or concerns
- Chairing monthly service reviews with soft and hard FM team leaders and relevant hard FM engineering sub-contractors
- Managing the P&L and reconcile accounts on a monthly basis with commercial team
- Supporting the Contract Manager in preparation of monthly operational and financial reports for submission within required deadline
- Promoting and developing the culture of responsiveness, ownership and customer care amongst all contract staff.
To be a successful Regional Facilities Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- A qualification in building services, mechanical engineering, estate management, building surveying or construction
- IOSH / NEBOSH and membership of IET, CIBSE, RICS, CIOB and/or IHEEM
- a proven track record in contract management showing consistency and progression and will possess a thorough understanding of FM methods, systems and safety requirements
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary workforce
- Excellent financial knowledge including forecasting and managing budgets
- Sound knowledge of building maintenance management for engineering and building fabric requirements and knowledge and experience of PFI contracts.
In return, the Regional Facilities Manager will receive a salary of £46,000 - £55,000 per annum.