Gold Standard Phantoms Limited (GSP) is a funded start-up operating within the medical imaging industry. Our aims are to develop, market and sell calibration standards and services for use in Quantitative Medical Imaging. We have been awarded ~£1.3M in public funding to develop our initial product and service for calibrating quantitative perfusion measurements using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). In addition, we have concluded a series A funding round, and so by the end of 2017 we aim to have our product available for research use and be ready for sale to the clinical market in 2018.
We are looking for a very talented and highly motivated python / web developer to join our team. This is a diverse role; the candidate will be expected to help develop and test our core technologies and products, expand and support our IT infrastructure, and provide technical support and assistance to our customer base. Experience in the medical imaging field is not necessary; however, the candidate must show a strong desire to learn and continuously develop their skills and knowledge of this domain. This role will be integral to the development of all current and future products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of database systems for management of in-house testing data
- Development of server-side software for receiving, storing, visualisation and serving MRI image data
- Help to create a client user 'portal’ for accessing calibration data, generated by our image processing algorithms
- Create, implement and maintain systems and tools for the internal team to improve productivity and communication
- Further develop and support the organisation’s IT infrastructure
- Aid in setting up and providing technical support for the company’s online community via mediums such as web-forums
- Development of both front and back -end software for image processing based technologies
- Aid in writing and executing unit, integration and functional tests.
- Provide product support to our customers
- Assist with the compilation of technical files
- Provide any necessary IT / technical support
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- The desire to learn new skills and the ability to do so quickly and independently
- An ability to be flexible and adapt to multiple roles
- Excellent written/verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging start-up environment
- Must be very focused and have a drive to succeed
- A solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- An understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- 2-3 years’ commercial experience with programming in Python
- A working knowledge of programming in C/C++
- Use of MVC web frameworks (preferably Django)
- Unix server management, including Apache
- Fluency in use Unix operating systems / bash scripting
- Use of version control systems (preferably GIT)
- An understanding of SQL (preferably MySQL or Postgres)
- RESTful web service development
- Using cloud services, ideally AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of unit testing theory and exposure to designing and writing unit tests.
- Scientific computing experience (eg. NumPy)
- Experience with Celery
- Algorithm development experience
- Knowledge of the DICOM file format
- Experience in IT support.
The post is available immediately. It will be offered subject to a probationary period of three months and satisfactory references.
Expected salary £38,000 pa, negotiable based on experience. In addition, the employee will be eligible for share options as per our equity incentive plan.
In addition to public holidays in England, the employee will be entitled to 25 days’ paid holiday in each holiday year. Hours of work: 40 per week.
Applicants are encouraged to support their application with links to personal GitHub repositories, Stack Overflow profiles or a project portfolio where possible.