SHEQ & Compliance Manager
Role Compliance and SHEQ Manager
Salary £40k – Dependent on Experience
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
An Innovative, family run business operating across the South East of England supplying domestic, commercial and construction waste management services.
Purpose and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity for a SHEQ/Compliance Manager to develop their experience within the waste management, environmental and recycling sector. This role will involve management of all aspects of our client’s internal and external Compliance and health and safety function.
- Manage the Company compliance certifications and memberships, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with changes in legislation
- Carrying out internal audits and inspections
- Work with Sales to support their requirements to keep existing business and win new streams of business.
- Attend customer sites to prepare and present method statements
- Management of the company Health and Safety systems, providing concise information and advice on health and safety issues and managing the outsourced H&S contractor
- Develop schedules for compliance training and other applicable training requirements in line with industry standards and legislation
- Generate compliance documentation and certificates as required
- Generate data to populate customer-facing report preparation done in partnership with Marketing
- Preparation of environmental reports such as Recycling Reports
- Coordinates the collection of technical data for management reports
- Generate compliance documentation and certificates as required (such as Secure Destruction Certificates)
The ideal candidate will hold a qualification in either WAMITAB or CQI, and have professional chartered status in a relevant field, such as IOSH or CIWM. This is not essential.
- Experience preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Thorough understanding of Health and Safety System operation and management
- Knowledge of quality systems and management standards (eg ISO 9001, 14001, 27001 and BS EN 15731)
- Experience collecting and analysing data, and preparing management reports
- Experience within a Waste Management, Recycling, Factory, Construction or Heavy Industry Setting for a Health and Safety/Compliance Position.
- Qualification in related field
- Experience in the waste industry
- IOSH certification
- Customer-facing presentation skills
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.