Are you seeking a new and exciting role where you are able to gain or build on your current experience within the conference sector? Then this may the ideal role for you!
A great opportunity has arisen to join a membership organisation that is spread across 70 different countries. The Conference Organiser will be joining a small team who currently organise around 40 conferences annually relating to a wide range of industry sectors some as diverse as pharmaceuticals to food and agriculture. You will be working with volunteer committees and will need to organise high quality and successful conferences. Most conferences are day events however there are a few multiday conferences and evening lectures.
Conference organisation (80%)
- Preparing and managing the conference budget and advising of any potential financial risks
- Adding conference information to the website and activating for online bookings (training provided)
- Production of postcards/flyers using Adobe indesign templates (training provided) and subsequent proofreading
- Arranging printing of postcards and flyers and hard copy mailings (as appropriate)
- Using all marketing channels for promotion - mailings, e-alerts and website
- Using own initiative to find other free sources for marketing conferences
- Liaison with speakers for registration, accommodation/dinners and collection of appropriate documentation (abstracts, biographies and presentations)
- Liaison with sponsors/exhibitors, raising invoices and chasing payments as appropriate
- Managing call for papers and posters and timescales/deadlines associated with these
- Preparing documentation for delegate packs - programme, delegate list, abstract book, etc.
- Liaison with venue for room set up, catering, audio visual, poster board hire, etc.
Committee Support (20%)
- Overall support
- Dealing with queries, loading documents to the group pages, processing expense claim forms, managing AGMs, booking meeting rooms (arranging catering as required), building relationships with the committee and attending committee meetings
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this position
- Conference/events graduate or related degree (desirable)
- Proven experience in conference organisation for fee paying conferences (desirable)
- Experience of working with volunteers/committees (desirable)
- Strong organisational, communication/customer service skills and ability to work within a team
- High level of computer literacy, in particular with Microsoft Office Suite; preferably databases
- High aptitude for spelling and grammar with accuracy in data entry and proof-reading
- Ability and willingness to work both individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to plan, multitask and act on own initiative
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter detailing your administration experience and relevance to the position. Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 per annum. A full job description is available on request. For more details please contact Krishna Dayal @ The Maine Group