You have the chance to join a well-established company who are looking to continue to provide outstanding products & services to their vast customer base. As the Technical Manager you will be leading a multi-skilled team in a very fast paced setting.
This is a leading company that supply a vast catalogue of products to major retailers & as such have been striving to further develop customer relationships. You will be a big part of defining technical strategy & supporting in product development to ensure that they continue to increase their market share.
As the Technical Manager you will be instrumental in maintaining & developing a Quality System & appropriate Technical Standards for this Warwickshire based site. You will be providing the site with knowledge & leadership on food safety, HACCP & audit standards in food operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting & mentoring colleagues responsible for Quality across the operation
- Apply appropriate systems & standards and gain the accreditation required at each site to meet customer's needs.
- Provide knowledge leadership on food safety, HACCP & audit standards in food operations.
- Manage and control all areas relative to product safety and quality in compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Retailer and BRC audit success at key sites.
- Communicate to operational and senior management the importance of quality and food safety.
- Standardise processes to a single Technical and Quality System as far as possible.
- Supplier management and negotiation for areas (e.g. Pest control.)
- Supporting new product development, new site implementations, skills development of colleagues, standardisation of processes and supporting the production team to increase productivity.
A Technical Manager with Food manufacturing/processing experience & the following:
- Degree level preferred (or substituted by other appropriate qualifications)
- In depth knowledge of BRC & food safety standards & the necessary audit requirements
- Experience of managing a team & educating the workforce
- Experience of working centrally across multiple business units
- Developing & applying quality systems
Circa £50,000 - £55,000 + Car + Bonus