Semi Senior - Accounts focus with Audit Training
A growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in East London, Surrey, Essex and Suffolk are on the look out for a Semi Senior who is looking to get more involved in audit to join their Head Office in East London.
They looking for a Semi Seniors to join their Head Office in a busy varied role role. They will consider either AAT finalists with at least 12 months practice experience and are happy to continue supporting ACA or ACCA studies
Although the roles reports predominantly into Managers, you will also have reporting lines into client Directors, so communication skills and experience of managing your time effectively are both essential attributes.
It’s not all spreadsheets either, the team are a social bunch, think end of week drinks and social time on a Friday afternoon, dress down Fridays, and the occasional chair race around the office!
The Head office is a stones through from the Central Line, and sits amongst some great places to eat and boutique shops as well as greens to relax on at lunch time in the summer, there is also free local parking.
Overview of duties:
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Compute Corporation Tax
- Attend client site and be the main contact for some clients on accounts related issues
Audit - Training can be provided
- Complete sections of the audit pack
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing where appropriate and design specific tests if appropriate
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to your reporting Manager
- Manage own time and recognise any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget
- Complete stock takes with minimal input from more senior members of staff
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
- Be a point of contact on site for clients
- Requirement to travel and overnight stays (approx. 4 audits a year will require overnight stays)
Is this right for you?
As this is a small office you will need to be a great team player, happy to help out colleagues and be prepared to 'roll your sleeves up', to complement the current team, you will need the following skills and attributes:-
- Proven practice experience with a ambition to get audit exposure
- We are happy to support continued AAT, ACA or ACCA study
- We will also consider applications from individual who are qualified by experience (QBE) and offer practice experience including audit.
- Double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do corporation tax computations, PAYE,VAT
- Strong MS office required
- Experience of working with Xero, PCAS, Sage or IRIS would prove advantageous
- Good up-to date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication- oral and written, ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks and prioritise accordingly.
- Driving licence and own car required
House Recruitment operate as a recruitment agency.