Research Engineer - Image Analysis - Permanent - £30 - 38 k per annum + benefits - Edinburgh - JA/Req/034865
Experienced Research Engineer required to join an Image Analysis team working for a leading provider of image and visualisation software solutions in Edinburgh.
Working with the latest image and visualisation software, you will be responsible for designing, coding, testing and documenting software for image analysis.
You will take responsibility for the completion of designated software engineering, infrastructure and core research tasks with assistance from more senior team members.
* Experience in a similar Research and Software type role is essential
* Familiarity with software practices and practical experience with a programming language, ideally in C++ and Python
* Skills and experience could include image or signal processing, machine learning or data science
* Excellent academic record, holding a 1st class or upper 2nd class honours degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Engineering or a related numerate discipline
* Proven mathematical skills and a scientific and innovative approach to problem solving
* Any experience with scientific and algorithmic research practices such as documenting research, and reading and writing academic publications would be an advantage.
* Ability to pick up new technologies and codebases as required
* Good communicator, able to thrive within a dynamic, fast paced team
The work is fast paced and intellectually stimulating.
This is an opportunity to work with a market leader in the research and development of imaging and visualisation software. On offer is a competitive salary, full benefits package and flexible working environment.
If you fit the above skills set and this is of interest please respond asap with an up to date CV for review and consideration.