Design and Development Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate design and development engineer to support and drive the introduction of new products into the portfolio of a steel manufacturer of sports and fitness equipment based in the Ashford, Kent area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic permanent design and development engineer with a passion for product design, ideally experienced working within a steel manufacturing facility that can bring fresh ideas to our company.
We specialise in designing, developing and manufacturing products for the Sports & Play Industries worldwide, including Multi Use Games Areas, Skate Ramps, and Outdoor Fitness Equipment.
This is completed in house at our purpose built steel manufacturing facility, as well as external manufacturing suppliers.
The design and development engineer reports directly into the business manager and will work alongside the manufacturing team to provide seamless customer service.
- Work with various departments to design and develop new products and improvements to existing products
- Produce and update production drawings and library
- Produce and maintain technical installation guides for all product ranges
- Work closely with the workshop foreman to consider cost, effectiveness and safety of new designs.
- Maintain network based filing system
- To ensure that all Technical product specification conforms to BS 8888:2013 and relevant industry standards EN1176, EN14974’.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D experience is essential
- 3D CAD Modelling experience (Autodesk Inventor preferred.)
- Experience with steel manufacturing is highly advantageous
- Experience in 'full life cycle' product development, this can be from industry experience or a university project
- A degree or experience within a relevant engineering or design field is essential; this can be either of the following: design engineering, industrial or product design
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign (not essential as training can be given)
- Enthusiastic and solution focused outlook
- Team Player
- An eagerness to continue professional development
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table and challenge the status quo
- Own car is needed due to rural location.