Assistant Restaurant Manager
Our client based on the outskirts of Horsham is looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join their fun and friendly team.
This hands on role and will give you the opportunity to work on a whole variety of skills including running the front of house, organising events, stock control, staff rotas and bringing new ideas to the establishment. Critical to this role is a previous hospitality experience.
This is a brilliant and career developing opportunity particularly for an experienced Supervisor who has a good track record in a Food Driven Site.
Please note this is shift work.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- The focus of the role is to deliver and manage the front of house to ensure a smooth running of both lunchtimes and evening services.
- Managing the front of house staff.
- Ensuring the best possible customer service.
- Assisting and leading the day to day running of a restaurant.
- You should be comfortable leading teams through service
- Ideally have experience or be able to handle running a high volume seasonal site where you are always prepared for the sun coming out and doubling the covers and the heavens opening and them halving.
- Interested in learning how to find new business opportunities and be confident with marketing a business including building local relationships and social media platforms.
- A key to this role is being a front of house presence and building relationships within the targeted audience during the quieter months.
- Have a fun and engaging personality and your natural role will be as an affable, customer-facing presence.
- Helping to coordinator and organise new events such as BBQs and Beer Festivals.
Key skills required:
- Previous experience of working in the hospitality sector
- Happy to work shift work - Have Wednesday & Thursdays off.
- Deliver fast-paced and engaging service.
- Working closely with both the Chefs & front of house.
- Experience in running a restaurant or pub
- Happy to roll up your sleeves and help
- Previous experience of working being a bar
- Someone who understands and has an interest in food and most importantly service.
- Highly organised - event planning experience useful but not essential.
- A positive & proactive individual with a passion for delivering fast class customer service
- A natural communicator
- Insanely high attention to detail
- Team player willing to go above and beyond to help and assist others
- Keen to learn
- A drive to contribute to new and creative ideas and improvements.
- Organised and want to be part of a valued team.
- £22,000 - £24,000
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Work Events
- Free Parking
- Company Pension
- Please note this is shift work.
Does this sound like your new dream role then please send your CV today!
Harris Lord are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
Assistant Restaurant Manager, Waitress, Waiter, Bar work, Hospitality, Restaurants, Front of House, Pubs, Food & Drink, Sussex.