Our client is a well-know and long established Heavy Equipment Manufacturer based in Omagh, County Tyrone who provides a range of equipment for the heavy engineering sectors throughout the globe. Due to continued growth, the company now wish to appoint a Buyer.
Job Purpose- Buyer
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for scheduling the flow of production parts from domestic and international suppliers to meet daily production demands. This will be achieved through the effective scheduling, ordering and expediting of parts to achieve an optimum level of inventory to efficiently support production.
Main Responsibilities- Buyer
- Schedule flow of Production parts to meet daily Production demand.
- Interpret and implement Sales and Operational Plans
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, developing and maintaining successful supplier relationships.
- Release of orders to the supplier network based on current demand.
- Provide supplier forecasts.
- Continuously improve forecasting techniques for long lead items, optional parts and kanban supply.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reports - identify business risks and opportunities.
- Push for improved Supplier performance and challenge to reduce supplier lead times.
- Provide analysis and suggest actions on current stock holding in relation to existing E&O reports.
- Work with suppliers to help them support our Production/Quality expectations with view to cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage supplier Engineering Change pricing, scheduling and implementation.
- Maintain accurate supplier pricing.
- Issue and Management of Tenders, Resourcing and Cost Saving Projects.
- Support Production and attend morning lineside meeting as part of Manufacturing Area Teams
- Administration tasks associated with job role.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Purchasing Manager
Personal Specification- Buyer
- Educated to HND Level in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Material Planning/Purchasing
- Demonstrate experience of SAP, Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning
- Good mathematical & analytical skills
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good IT skills with demonstrable experience of MS Office especially MS Excel Intermediate Level
Spectrum Employment Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
This is a private & confidential service.