Group Payroll and Management Accountant
This is a new role in the Accountancy department . As the Group Payroll and Management Accountant you will be in control of monthly payroll transition to a new payroll provider and to streamline the processes between Finance and HR. Therefore, in addition to controlling the Finance related aspects of the monthly payroll process for the UK, the role is required to deliver the forecast of people related costs for the UK and Germany and provide explanations of variances between actuals and forecast. In addition, the forecasts of people related costs for the Group's Swiss and French subsidiaries should be reviewed.
The client is a Pharmaceutical company based in South West London.
As the Group Payroll and Management Accountant your duties will include:
UK payroll control - monthly (c. 250 employees)
- Support HR to ensure that data sent to the outsourced payroll provider is complete and that payroll is run on time each month. HR will run reports for various payroll inputs but Finance will review the costs concerned.
- Work with HR and the Assistant Company Secretary to ensure that share related transactions data sent to the outsourced payroll provider is accurate and complete.
- Input into and oversee execution of complex and/or sensitive transactions
- Review the output reports from the outsourced payroll provider. Where errors are identified, work with HR and the Assistant Company Secretary to fix the root cause.
- Prepare and load the monthly payroll and related journals into the Sage General Ledger
- Reconcile the ledgers for salaries and wages, employee related taxes (National Insurance, PAYE), pension contributions and flexible benefits (private medical insurance, dental insurance etc.)
- Liaise with HR and the pension provider for auto-enrolment
- Where required, work with the outsourced payroll provider to respond to employee queries
- Work with HR to review performance of the outsourced payroll provider and the process as a whole. Recommend and implement improvements as appropriate.
UK payroll control - annual
- Prepare P11D, PSA and P60 returns with support from the outsourced payroll provider.
US payroll control - monthly
- The Group currently has a small payroll in the US currently comprising of one person. The same accountability's apply as above albeit on a much smaller and simpler scale.
- Work with HR to control their own cost base and drive value from their suppliers.
- Prepare detailed forecasts of people related cost for the UK and Germany. Monitor and explain the variance between actuals and forecast
- Work with departments / functions to review and control their people related costs.
- Review actual and forecast data for people related costs for Switzerland and France. Challenge as appropriate.
- Assess the feasibility of further centralising the control of monthly payroll activities and forecasting of people related costs in the Group. Implement as appropriate.
As the Group Payroll and Management Accountant you will:
- Have worked in payroll related processes and concepts (e.g. statutory maternity pay, redundancy calculations, pensions etc.)
- Have an understanding of PAYE, NIC, P11d and PSA
- Have business partnering skills - Strong presentation, communication and inter-personal capabilities
- Be able to perform effectively under pressure
- Be detail oriented
- Have a track record of being pragmatic and getting things done
- Have strong analytical competencies
- Be able to use Office/Word skills - Excel to intermediate level
- Be part qualified CIMA/ACCA
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits