Are you seeking a new Payroll position? Would you like the opportunity to work for a large, International, muli-billion pound company who offer 23 days annual leave and exceptional training? The offices you'd be working in are large, open plan, corporate London style offices, with landscaped gardens with a lake and picnic benches - perfect to sit in the sunshine and eat your lunch.
As the Payroll Assistant you will be responsible for:
Compiling Payroll data by maintaining payroll records, in order to correctly pay employees. Support allocated business areas with regular tasks and ad-hoc requests as well as process 2 companywide tasks (i.e. expenses, mileage, benefits in kind, control accounts etc.). Ensure contractual and statutory obligations are adhered to.Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Key point of contact for allocated business areas: employees' and managers' queries and requests; maintaining SAP records
- Download weekly attendance and payments from e-vista mini apps and additional payments (DDPP, bonus) from spreadsheets
- Update employee payroll records by recording: leavers pay, P46, P45, court orders, ad-hoc payments and absences, etc.
- Download tax codes and student loans from HMRC site
- Simulate pay changes and correct errors
- Check holiday pay, statutory sick pay and other payments/deductions, including non-taxable payments
- Process BACS and Chaps payments (direct submitter)
- Run end to end monthly payroll including Pension Auto-enrolment; BACS payments to employees and third parties; PCR; RTI submissions to HMRC; Finance posting and reports to internal functions and 3rd party benefits providers
- Prepare and issue payslips
- Knowledge and processing of benefits in kind and salary sacrifice
- Understanding and up to date legislative knowledge of PAYE, NIC and Tax Codes
- Support Year End processes including tax code uplifts and P11D's
- Reconcile financial control accounts and submit balance sheet reconciliations to finance
- Process accurate regular and ad-hoc payroll reports for managers, HRBP's and 3rd parties
- Ownership of 2 companywide processes like Expenses, Mileage, Benefits in Kind, National Statistics, etc
- Support projects and keep process documentation up to date
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels, i.e. internal/external customers
- Customer centric
- Calm and confident approach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage expectations of key stakeholders
- Constantly looking to improve processes
- Ability to use own judgement in non-standard queries and requests
Our client requires the following Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Specialist Payroll experience
- Strong computer literacy, advanced Excel user
- Well organised and systematic approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience of computerised payroll systems and a working knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Knowledge of SAP system beneficial
- Knowledge of Republic of Ireland Payroll beneficial
If this sounds like the perfect rle for you then please apply today.
We look forward to receiving your application.
By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques, regular updates of the local employment market and consistent feedback on all applications. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.