Working closely with The Board you will be responsible for determining the underwriting strategy to deliver target loss ratio and gross written premium targets, whilst maintaining a competitive market position. Without compromising underwriting performance, you will maximise product risk acceptance and coverage whilst closely monitoring competitor activity and position in the market. Running Pricing models using statistical tools, understanding the number and making proposals for improvements to the rating structure of our products and other business critical decision-making processes.
- Present finding on performance and recommend improvements to deliver profitable development to the Board
- Apply statistical techniques to interrogate data to understand underlying trends and identify any key changes
- Review Underwriting performance, analysing and presenting recommendations to enable the book to be profitably developed
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in both verbal and written communications internally and externally
- Compile product change and pricing recommendations
- Minimise premium leakage to mitigate risk of under-pricing and consequently poor performance
- Analysing department performance and provide proposals of how to improve
- Pricing & Underwriting Experience
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Management Information experience to boost revenue into the business
- Experienced in use of market analysis and pricing software too