Scandinavian Market Analyst
BRG Building Solutions is a specialist market research consultancy dedicated to serving the market information needs of the global building products industry from its offices in London, New Jersey, Beijing and New Delhi. Our clients are major manufacturers and distributors, private equity, as well as technical service providers.
Our offering includes both multi-client services developed around an online database for market monitoring and forecasting, and bespoke consultancy services. BRG Building Solutions is the market leader in its field.
We are looking for an intelligent, passionate, investigative and friendly new colleague. We offer a sociable environment with good career opportunities and regular team activities. For more information about us and our offering, please visit www.brgbuildingsolutions.com.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Market Analyst at our London office (Ealing) to cover the research in the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden). As a key member of our international team, you will be responsible for the collection and assimilation of market data in a variety of building technology related sectors, like heating, bathroom and ventilation.
Duties of the role will include:
- Primary research through high-level interviews with industry experts (both telephone and personal).
- Secondary intelligence gathering including the collection and analysis of supporting statistics (e.g. macro-economic indicators, construction statistics etc.).
- Analysing data to a high level of accuracy and formulating concise written reports.
- Write market reports which are concise, relevant, insightful and non-repetitive with a high level of English.
- Updating our existing database of market data and company profile information.
- Maintaining and expanding our network of contacts in the building products industry.
- Presenting and eventually selling BRG’s offering to existing and new clients.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in a business related or technical field.
- At least two year(s) experience of working in a business related environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, including total fluency in English and either Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. Any other European language, would be highly beneficial.
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in economic developments and market dynamics.
- A fearless attitude towards research interviews is essential.
- Strong numerical skills and proven proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding analytical skills and report writing abilities.
- An ability to assimilate new subjects quickly and a certain affinity to technical products rather than FMCG.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and the capacity to work both independently and within a team.
- Willingness to travel and a full valid driving licence.
We need to see from your application that you are actually interested in exactly this position, so please make sure that your CV/cover letter shows that. Please note that this is no financial analyst position. You do not need to have done anything in the building technologies field before, but if we do need to feel that you can develop genuine interest in the area.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, then please apply with your CV and covering letter.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.