Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan, Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer progression for international students from all over the world into undergraduate and postgraduate study at a broad portfolio of British, American and Australian universities. Kaplan International Pathways is a market leader in the sector, and an exceptional place to work and develop an exciting career in the international education and student recruitment industry.
We are recruiting a Web Producer to work closely with our content, design, digital marketing, product management, and web development colleagues to ensure that our websites are maintained efficiently and deliver a great user experience for our key audiences - whether it’s our end users (international students) or business partners (educational agents and higher education providers). As a Web Producer you will also represent Content & Marketing in our development Agile Scrum Team- acting as the vital link between business and technology teams, translating business objectives into clear technical requirements.
- Excellent level of English language and communication skills
- Experience project managing the build of commercial, outward-facing digital assets
- Ability to give recommendations on web best practices including UX, accessibility, information architecture and SEO
- Substantial experience in a hands-on web production or digital marketing environment
- Working knowledge of open source content management systems, preferably WordPress
- Good understanding of HTML, and confidence with editing/fixing front-end code
- Effective time management with a focus on meeting deadlines and juggling many tasks at once
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Knowledge or experience of the international education sector
- A project management qualification
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and awareness of Agile methodologies
- A firm understanding of web analytics and experience using a web analytics tool, preferably Google Analytics
- Passionate about latest digital trends and developments
What we will expect you to do
You’ll be responsible for a variety of web-related production tasks, including implementation of new features, testing and monitoring, liaising with web developers and designers and supporting other CMS users.
Key responsibilities are:
- Contributing towards the identification and development of business cases for new or improved digital marketing and publication tools and processes
- Participating in requirements gathering including user testing, website analysis and audience interviews
- Representing Content & Marketing in our Agile Scrum Team. That is: Managing the development backlog queue, breaking business requirements down into user acceptance criteria and user stories and being available to the developers to answer questions, test ideas, sign-off on completed work and escalate issues beyond his or her control
- Communication of development updates and statuses to the Content & Marketing team as well as other interested stakeholders
- WordPress super-user, understanding the full abilities of WP from an editorial and administrative perspective and helping others to get the most out of the CMS
- Supporting content producers in their understanding of user experience best practices and maintaining the highest standards of content to support user journeys
- Developing and coordinating the implementation of an SEO strategy
- Working with the whole digital team to ensure that the primary users’ journeys through our website are optimized
What we will offer you
As Web Producer, working right at the heart of the Content & Marketing unit, you will be joining a dynamic multi-lingual business in the high-growth industry of international education, and a company that prides itself on its exceptional student experience and study outcomes.
You will benefit from exposure to sophisticated multi-channel digital marketing strategies and responsive rich-media web development.
Permanent employees of Kaplan International Pathways enjoy a variety of optional benefits after their probation period, including a comprehensive pension plan, health and wellbeing schemes and childcare vouchers.
The Web Producer post is a full-time permanent position with excellent progression prospects for the best candidates attracting a salary of £38,000, plus a performance related bonus of up to 10% of the basic salary.
Application method: Apply with your CV and covering letter by 23rd June, 2017.