A leading software house that specialises in a fast growing industry, with rapid growth, new technologies, new services and a host of new challenges, required a IT Engineer with Linux/Unix command line exposure.
The IT Support Specialist responds to user queries, answers questions, and resolves hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment. Diagnoses, identifies and resolves problems. Utilizes diagnostic software packages and confers with internal technical support personnel, operations groups and/or vendors to affect solutions.
May refer more complex problems to higher-level technical staff personnel for resolution. May implement corrective actions from remote site or guide user through corrective actions. Ensures corrective actions are implemented and hardware and/or software are functioning properly. Generates appropriate documentation. May provide guidance, training and direction to lower level or less experienced Help Desk personnel.
- Provide support and technical assistance to corporate computer end-users via face-to-face visits, telephone support, and remote access programs (both Windows and Mac)
- Routine tasks will include installation, configuration, network access, support and troubleshooting operating systems and productivity software in a corporate environment.
- Provide support and technical assistance for iPhones and iPads, peripheral equipment, and all software.
- Provision, manage accounts, and provide support for various internal and cloud based systems.
- Heavily involved in deploying new hardware, automating software rollouts/upgrades, backups and retirement of obsolete hardware.
- Attend training seminars and in-service programs as requested by supervisor.
- Provide Help Desk support to all users via Ticketing System and Help Desk Phone line.
- Evaluate and recommend desktop hardware and software.
- Assist training customers/users on various desktop functions; participate in Staff Development programs
- Travel to other Monotype offices to provide IT Support (domestic and international)
- Respond to off hours' pager 1 week/month.
- Work conditions may occasionally include moderate noise if working in a production area, exposure to mechanical and electrical hazards associated with computer equipment, and handling of light to moderately heavy objects.
- Proven experience supporting UNIX environments with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the core flavours such as Sun Solaris, HP-UX , AIX , Linux ( Red Hat or Suse ).
- Knowledge/experience of working in distributed, cross platform server environments.
- Good diagnostic skills - ability to work logically and methodically
- Good communicator - Verbal and written
- Fast learner, able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Programming and shell scripting skills (Python/Bash)
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL
- Previous experience of clustering environments.
- Experience with logical volume management
- SAN & Storage experience and exposure
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.