An opportunity to join an international financial services business with the recruitment of a Compliance Officer to be based in central London.
There will be an expectation to travel and spend time at their office in Sevenoaks, Kent (35 minutes by train from Charing Cross).
Working as part of the compliance team and reporting to the Compliance Manager, you will enjoy a wide and varied role, one which allows you to take ownership and get involved in key projects and initiatives across the business.
- A working knowledge of UK compliance and regulatory laws plus knowledge of the FCA and PRA handbooks with particular emphasis on the Senior Insurance Manager's Regime
- An understanding of the general insurance industry
- First class communication and presentation skills liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a high attention to detail
A full job description is available for all shortlisted candidates with selected duties to include:
- Ensure that the company complies with existing regulations and internal policy as well as monitoring new regulatory developments and legislation
- Manage regulatory submissions and provide compliance training, technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues relevant to the business
- Provide advice and support to the business on a range of issues including regulatory supervision, financial, operational and other regulatory implications of new business proposals and on FCA & PRA regulations, GDPR (DPA) and Senior Insurance Managers Regime
- Understand and implement oversight and audit requirements with particular emphasis on appointed representatives and outsourcing
Please contact David Waddell at Harvey John to discuss further.Harvey John Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.