Workshop Supervisor - HGV - Truck
Workshop Supervisor - LGV / HGV Service Supervisor - Truck Workshop Supervisor is required by a major Truck/HGV rental organisation to be responsible for the routine operation of the LGV workshop in terms of efficiency, cost containment, customer service levels, maintenance standards and safety performance. Organise workshop workload ensuring company quality and efficiency standards are achieved. • Supervises workshop employees and monitors performance levels.
ROLE: Workshop Supervisor
BASIC SALARY: £34K
SHIFTS Alternating weekly shifts of 05:30-15:00 & 13:00-22:30, Mon-Fri. 45hr contract
Ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are actively followed
• Ensure the location is in compliance with regulatory bodies
• Ensure vehicle compliance is maintained
• Implement and maintain company policies and campaigns
• Work with Workshop Manager to ensure location operates effectively and is compliant with the template.
Responsible for safe and effective operation of the workshop
• Control maintenance expenditure through formal pre-approval of repairs for each work order
• Deliver maximum utilisation and productivity of Technicians
• Ensure all workshop performance standards and procedures are followed
• Ensure maximum vehicle reliability and uptime
• Identify maintenance cost savings and performance improvement opportunities
• Authorises repair expenditure within designated limits
• Authorises overtime
• Provide proactive advice and support to customers to assist them in safe and cost effective operation of vehicles
• Responsible for ensuring that each work order accurately details the work carried out with appropriate work order comments where necessary
• Prior to work order approval, is responsible for ensuring that the repair data and information on each work order matches the corresponding service documentation.
Must have come from a LGV or HGV Technicians background but not essential and either managed or supervised technicians or is at a senior technician level ready to move up.