Senior Student Advisor
Job Title: Senior Student Advisor
Reporting to: Head of Administration / Campus Manager
Salary:£22,000 - £ 26,000; based on experience
Hours:40 hours per week; between Mondays and Saturdays
Location: Cricklewood Campus
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Student Advisor to join a growing College with multiple locations in London. The UK College of Business & Computing (UKCBC) is approved by QAA and also is approved to offer designated courses by Student Finance England.
The primary duties will include:
Counselling & Admissions:
- Provide written and verbal (including telephone) advice and guidance to prospective students, their parent(s) or guardian for all the courses, including advising on procedures for Student Finance applications to avail government funding - tuition loans, maintenance loans and maintenance grants.
- Responding to emails, written and personal enquiries from potential students, providing detailed responses to their enquiries about the application process, fees and course selection as necessary.
- Regularly follow up with students awaiting approval from student finance.
- Create / maintain "Risk Register" for students with student finance related issues
- Resolve student finance issues with Student Finance England (SFE) / HEI Services
- Assist the Campus Manager with the overall admissions procedure to ensure that proper correspondence and documentation is received and acknowledged, filed, and that departments are notified as appropriate
- Report in a timely manner to the line managers to take appropriate actions
- Work as a team and showcase leadership skills.
- Translate and analyse student finance related data.
- Become aware of all the necessary procedures and assist the students with their queries relating to their courses, time tables, class changes, awarding body requirements, etc.
- Responsibility for the daily management and delivery of all aspects of student attendance as part of the UKCBC Attendance Policy.
- To be a point of contact for reporting of all student absence. Take responsibility to advise the students and the relevant members of staff in line with the College procedure.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of twelve months of experience working in Higher Education.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Good understanding of Student Finance England and Student Loans Company procedures
- IT literate, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills