Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International English (KIE) is a group of more than 40 English language schools across the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, offering English language learners from more than 150 countries amongst the largest range of destinations and programmes in the English language market.
We are looking for a copywriter to join our team. As part of our London-based content and marketing team, you’ll be writing copy for digital and print content, to help us recruit students for our English language schools. Our content is distributed across multiple channels and needs to connect with a number of target audiences within the English Language travel sector including end users (students), students’ parents and business partners (agents) in all our key markets.
To be considered for the role, you will need to be an exceptional, adaptable writer who can turn your hand quickly to producing high-quality copy in a range of styles and formats. Your writing will need to demonstrate flair and originality, an understanding of our brand and audience as well and where applicable, an understanding of how to optimise copy for SEO. Producing finished work will require liaising extensively with colleagues in our Design, Digital Production and regional marketing teams so you’ll also need to be a good communicator who enjoys being part of a team.
You’ll enjoy an open, productive collaboration with our Content Marketing Manager, to develop ideas which support our content and brand strategy and speak to our key audiences in a fresh, compelling way. We will also look to you to create and maintain a style guide which defines messaging and tone of voice and which can be consistently applied to different personas to guide our communications and ensure consistency with multiple audiences.
- Established commercial copywriting experience (e.g., digital and print copywriting examples / portfolio)
- Writing, editing and proofreading original content for in print and/or digital formats
- A passion for great writing
- Ability to execute great work based on SEO content best practice, building on SEO writing skills
- Experience of understanding and implementing creative briefs
- Excellent written English
- Experience of delivering high-quality service to internal or external clients
- First-rate communication skills and great team skills
- An understanding of basic sub-editing principles
- Real creative flair
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to accept feedback in a constructive, professional manner
- Skilled at prioritising workload and meeting tight deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy with awareness of blogging and social media
- Experience of working with InDesign
- Intercultural awareness
- A strong interest in the field of education and / or travel
- Experience of writing for an international audience
- Demonstrable track-record in improving readership metrics
- Basic image editing skills
- Good knowledge of a second language and / or experience of studying overseas
What we can offer you
- A role offering variety and exposure to the full marketing mix
- A supportive, fun environment in which to grow and develop
- A team of high-performing channel and comms specialists to work with and learn from
- Career development and training
- Stunning, architect-designed offices with break-out areas, kitchens and an onsite bar
- International, multilingual colleagues with more than 30 languages amongst them
- Basic salary of £28,000-£35,000
- Benefits including pension, ride2work scheme, childcare vouchers and discounts at leading retailers
Apply with a CV and covering letter by Monday 23 June. Please use your covering letter as an opportunity to demonstrate your skill with words, whilst also imparting key information about your suitability and motivation for the role.
Please do also ensure that your CV contains a link or links to examples of your work.