Account Assistant (Experience in SunSystems Required)
Working as part of the Finance team to maintain the accounting records of the company and to ensure that all invoices are appropriately filed and paid.
- Processing of supplier invoices; from coding and relevant authorisation, to payment on a timely basis
- Answering supplier queries as and when they arise
- Reconciling monthly supplier statements to the purchase ledger records, ensuring accuracy and completeness of posting, in a timely manner.
- Processing staff expense claims, company credit card transactions & petty cash claims
- Maintain adequate hard and soft copies of all invoices
- Ensure that relevant contracts are in place for invoices received
- Maintain the contract log
- Assisting with any adhoc reporting requirements & tasks
- Assisting with report analysis, as and when there is a requirement
- Posting of depreciation and ownership of the fixed assets register
- Posting of prepayment journals and ownership of the prepayments schedule
- Posting of accrual journals and ownership of the accruals schedule
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have experience in using SunSystems accounting software
- High attention to detail and organised approach to work
- Works well as part of team and in a multi-tasking environment
- A good understanding and ability to use Excel
- Proficient IT literacy
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- Must have an Account Degree
- Minimum 1- 2 years accounts experience, preferably including accounts payable, accruals and prepayments involvement.
- General administration.
- Ensuring customers are treated fairly.
- To report any suspicions of market abuse (including any suspicion of insider dealing) to Compliance.
- Reporting of any suspicion of money laundering, terrorism financing or any criminal activity to the MLRO.