A leading independent girl's school in West London is looking to recruit a Communications Officer. You will be responsible for facilitating the flow of information, collating and curating information from across the school, ensuring the immediate recording of news, to include the management and effective use of imagery. Flexible for either a straight graduate or someone with experience looking for a new challenge.
Core Key Responsibilities:
- Managing the news within the School's digital platforms
- Creating forms of electronic communications to relevant groups using the systems in place
- To embrace and manage the School's social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Proposing and initiating new ideas to optimise the use of social media
- Managing communications with parents through Schoolpost, to include specific contacts for school trips and visits and general communication on whole school matters
- To act as a 'port of call' for a variety of stakeholders to proof and edit written material
- To work with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and movie editing software
- To work with the person responsible for lettings on producing relevant marketing materials
- To work with the Head of Marketing and Communications to:
- Review and develop all communication content, both written and digital
- Ensure written and digital content is accurate
- Take photographs and capture footage of School events
- Upload digital data onto the relevant platforms
Core Skills Required:
- To be educated to GCSE level including English and Mathematics, a Degree desirable
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of having worked in a School or other educational establishment
- Exemplary written English skills
- Exceptional proof-reading skills
- Highly accurate
- Able to pay close attention to detail at all times
- An enthusiastic communicator
- Excellent ICT skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- Knowledge of managing social media accounts
- An appreciation of how a school community may function
- To have undertaken Safeguarding Training is desirable
Please Note this role will start in September but they are looking to interview before the Summer holiday, interviews will be in June. Looking for a strong Communications candidate who has immaculate proof reading, is articulate and meticulous.
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.