Senior Linux Engineer / Service Delivery
Wells Tobias Technical are looking for a permanent Senior Linux Engineer /Service Delivery Engineer to work for this global Financial Services business. The position will suit a broad skillset that will sit within a team will face off with both the Technical teams and the business and clients to design the solution.
The role will be 50% hands on technical and 50% coordinating the teams. The ideal profile will be a senior Linux Engineer with Project skills and an understanding of DBA and Storage who can liaise with both the external clients and internal business and technical teams to design and build the solutions.
Cloud Hosting experience will be of particular interest so anyone with AWS (Amazon Web Services) or IBM Softlayer would be of particular interest.
Summary of duties:
- Coordinates projects and provides technical support Solution
- Experience with engineering of server infrastructure in a multi-tier environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms like IBM Softlayer and AWS a big plus.
- Performs troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning, trending analysis and security hardening.
- Provides installation, maintenance, and tuning of hardware and software systems.
- Install and configure Operating System and related Software
- Install and configure Cluster Services to support highly available Databases.
- Install and configure and tune Middleware/Application Servers and Software.
- Install and configure and tune Web Servers and Software
- Well versed in Automation and monitoring tools.
- Interface extensively with Technology Services Teams (Storage, Network, DBA), Application Teams and Business Units.
- 24x7 support of application hosting environment
Red Hat Linux 6, 7
Redhat Apache, Tomcat
Middleware applications (Websphere, Java application)
SMTP / DNS / Sendmail
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions’ policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.