Category Development Manager - 12 Month FTC
We are delighted to be supporting our well established client who are looking for a Category Development Manager, with FMCG experience, to cover a 12 month fixed term contract. The role will primarily focus on the development of "step-change" innovation for the category.
You will be in contact with and building new and existing relationships with external parties such as Suppliers, Account Managers, Store Retailers and Consumer research agencies.
Category management experience is essential. This position will be based in Orpington, Kent.
Furthermore, the role will also involve but not limited to:
- Product and category intelligence
- keeping up-to-date with the latest trends - consumer insight, competitor product introductions, retailer developments etc.
- Keep the business and customer base abreast of market developments via presentations, study tours etc.
- Working with key colleagues around the business - Head of Buying, Account Managers, Finance Managers, Training Manager and Technical Managers
- Product management of the core range
- Ensure all existing products within the core range are best-in-class
- Manage any necessary product changes
- Identify and fill appropriate gaps in the core range
- Develop and drive an effective launch plan for gap fill NPD
- Keep up-to-date with competitor product developments via regular benchmarking exercises
- Provide product knowledge training of Country Choice staff
- Step-change innovation
- Identify new products and concepts that offer true innovation and incremental growth
- Commission consumer and customer research where required
- Project-manage to launch - product, packaging, equipment, pricing, branding, commercials etc
- Liaise with suppliers on all aspects of product development, factory trials and first production
- Work with equipment suppliers on the development of display equipment
- Develop an internal and external launch plan
- Monitor launch performance; address issues early on, take appropriate remedial action
- Keep internal and external stakeholders updated with progress at key milestones
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Marketing and product development background
- Proven track record of delivering true innovation generating step change / significant incremental business
- Experienced in developing added-value propositions
- Experienced in B2B and B2C marketing
- Ideally FMCG experience
- Strong project manage experience with the ability to manage cross-functional teams to deliver to tight deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
This is a really exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to bring and share their experience and to work with an extremely successful company. For your efforts you will be rewarded with a competitive package.
Apply today and don’t miss out!