Our Client a leading UK based charity is delivering a national project to engage 200 primary schools with their Walk to School initiatives, funding resources to encourage walking to school and the many associated benefits. The post holder will shape and deliver a strategy to support as many of these schools to find funds to continue participation beyond the end of the project.
The post holder will need to engage a diverse set of external stakeholders successfully in order to scale up appropriate routes from a local level (funds required for each school will rarely exceed £1000 annually), working with colleagues from across the organisation to deliver focused fundraising campaigns.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to: Head of Commercial Development
- Research and understand how our client currently engages with schools, and what fundraising activities have taken place thus far
- Working with the Local Impact project team, develop an engagement narrative across the life of the project to support project legacy
- Establish a working group of external stakeholders (e.g. pupils, teachers, PTAs) from across the project base to gain insight on attitudes and barriers to fundraising in schools and what fundraising activities are considered to be most attractive
- Review and develop existing local business sponsorship packages, launching them to the project
- Working with the Communications team, formulate effective messaging and materials to engage schools in fundraising activities, in line with our clients wider brand
- Manage a tender process for local grant funding subscriptions and launch to the project schools base
- Working with the Finance team, establish robust procedures for processing and measuring funds raised through the activity in order to transition schools from project funding to self-funding status
- Support project schools to engage with our clients successful Happy Shoesday fundraising events
- Manage a budget for materials distribution to support fundraising, e.g. event packs, business sponsorship forms
- Coordinate engagement with colleagues to support further funding of schools from local/regional government
- Working with the Media and PR Manager, agree a plan for maximising exposure for the Walk to School campaign through this activity
- Working with the Impact and Evaluation Manager, agree measures and methods for evaluating the activity, giving consideration to income, impact and influence
- Support the wider Commercial Development team in cultivating fundraising relationships with corporate clients and community groups
- Explore the potential of applying the schools fundraising model to other audiences (e.g. corporates, communities)
NB: Enhanced DBS clearance will be required for this post.
Salary range: Competitive based on Experience
Location: Office based London or Newcastle
Budget responsibility: Yes
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2018