Motor Claims Paralegal
My client seeks and experienced paralegals to manage a varied and challenging defendant Motor claims caseload.
You will be required to defend Personal Injury and Credit Hire matters through to settlement or judgement. Applications are invited from Paralegals with 12 months experience dealing with pre-litigated matters. Defendant experience would be beneficial but not essential.
Key responsibilities will incliude but not be limited to negotiating claims for liability and damages on Pre Litigation cases within authority limits as well as:
* Pro-actively handle claims to ensure delivery of a focused claims service
* Achieve and exceed Client quality standards and Key Performance Indicator
* Contribute to knowledge sharing within the Team
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
* SLA compliance
* KPI performance
* Accuracy of MI
* Ensuring appropriate strategies are set
* Ensuring strategies reflect commercial reality of case value
* Technical quality requiring some insurance motor experience
The successful candidate will come from a satisfactory academic record with evidence of a desire to learn and ability to be trained in accordance with the firm's requirements
* IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel.
* Knowledge/previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential
* Experience of working in an insurance environment preferable
* Ability to work to deadlines and targets, prioritise own workloads effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
* Confident communicator and negotiator
* Quality and customer service orientated
Please contact Jack Smith, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.