Interim IT Manager (6mths)
The Interim IT Manager is responsible for the day to day delivery of IT support services for 100 users on and off site. The role holder is responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and networks and the safe usage of data by staff
Post holder will be directed by and will be accountable to the Programme Manager for the management and provision of hardware and software maintenance and support. The role holder will be expected to input knowledge and expertise with regard to recommendations about future technology and data security. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum benefit for the client in using its Information Technology and Data assets.
1. Supporting the Management of Information Technology
Support the provision of Information Systems that enable a robust and secure IT infrastructure within the Company, working with external suppliers, project managers, the Programme Manager
- Liaise with key stakeholders and Heads of Departments to ensure that the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose and meets the current and future needs of the various departments.
- Provide advice to stakeholders and Programme Manager to aid decisions on Information Technology issues and required up-grades.
- Supplier Management: Maintain a close and positive relationship with suppliers. Ensure that procurement is cost effective, meets the company’s requirements and correct procurement processes are followed for all IT purchases.
- Communicate effectively with Heads of Department and other staff regarding IT systems in a clear and timely way, ensuring queries are dealt with promptly.
- Monitor IT expenditure across the organisation, supporting the Programme Manager in managing the IT budgets and expenditures.
- Monitor significant trends in Information technology and telecommunications and make recommendations as appropriate that could enhance the Company IT delivery.
2. Maintenance of Information Technology Estate
- Maintain all IT and Communications hardware & software, ensuring that they are up to date and functioning correctly. Maintain a schedule for software updates and hardware refreshes & appropriate disposal.
- Provide full IT services to staff during working hours, minimising any unscheduled downtime and following change management processes for all scheduled downtime.
- Ensure that systems, data and IT equipment are secure, adhering to industry security standards such as PCI DSS.
- Follow and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to support the IT needs of the Company to include, but not limited to: Mobile Working, New User/Leavers, Information Security Policy
- Provide input on IT aspects of the staff handbook, liaising with the HR Manager.
- Maintain an up to date inventories of IT assets including IT hardware and software licences.
- Ensure that IT documentation is kept up to date to include, amongst others, network diagrams, interface diagrams etc.
- Adhere to industry best practices and address any deviations from best practices promptly.
- Make recommendations about the purchase of IT and Communications equipment.
3. Provision of First Class IT Support
- Monitor the IT helpdesk system, ensuring that all issues are prioritised, addressed in a timely manner and staff informed of progress
- Escalation of issues to external suppliers or internal IT recourses as appropriate
- Provision of system access including user ID’s, computers and system access to be completed promptly
The following skills are required for the role:
Desktop and Server Operating Systems & Updates (Windows, AD & WSUS).
Web Servers (IIS).
Databases (SQL Server).
Networking (LAN & WAN Incl Firewall, Switches, Routers), Cabling & Wireless technology (Cisco CCNA Desirable).
Mobile working and devices.
Hosted & Cloud Technology (O365 & Azure).
1st & 2nd Line User Support & ITIL.
Desktop software & email systems (Creative Suite, Office 365 incl Exchange/Outlook).
Apple desktop/mobile hardware.
Network administration including backups, security management, user account management
Telephony Systems (NEC).
The following skills are desirable for the role (with appropriate training/skills development):
Project Management (Prince 2).
Good Supplier Management Skills.