Nobia UK is part of the Nobia Group, Europe`s leading kitchen specialist. On paper, they develop, manufacture and sell smart and attractive kitchens under their UK brand names (Magnet, Rixonway, Gower, Commodore and CIE) and also through twenty or so strong International brands. But what they really do is inspire people to realise their kitchen dreams.
This is an exciting time to join the Nobia business due to the creation of a new finance shared service centre in Darlington.
You will be providing leadership, management and financial expertise to ensure that the Accounts Payable team succeed in the effective and efficient settlement of liabilities within the agreed payment terms.
Leading a team of 8 Accounts Payable Clerks, you will ensure that all invoices received by Nobia UK are processed by a Central Purchase Ledger team who deal with all invoice postings, purchase order matching, supplier payments and supplier queries, using the in-house Nobia UK Purchase Ledger system.
Your remit will include:-
- Reporting directly into the Finance Controller, you will be responsible for the end to end accounts payable process including invoice matching, GRN clearing, query resolution, payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations, credit reference applications and journal entries.
- Monitoring the workload of the team ensuring accuracy is maintained and all deadlines are met.
- Handling all escalated queries from the team in a timely manner.
- Preparing and interpreting, daily, weekly and monthly reports and control reconciliations on Accounts Payable activity in line with company policy and audit requirement.
- Introducing and monitoring key KPI`s and SLA`s for the Accounts Payable function in accordance with business expectation.
- Driving continuous improvement in the accounts payable function and maintaining the departmental policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the performance management, coaching and development of the Accounts payable team.
- Submitting of monthly returns relating to accounts payable activity (Intratsat, CIS Scheme etc).
- Acting as the Nobia UK SAP P2P Expert.
- Establishing close working relationships with purchasing department, key suppliers, business unit finance teams and other key internal customers.
- Acting as the main point of contact for audit liaison and compliance in relation to Accounts Payable.
You will: -
- Have strong leadership skills and ability to manage change.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Be financially aware with strong Excel skills.
- Previous SAP knowledge within a busy accounting environment managing teams.
Salary & Benefits
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Private family healthcare
- 39 hour working week
- Free parking
- 25 days` holiday
- Subsidised canteen