Business Administration Internship £19K Events & Media London
A media and events company that delivers independent financial commentary and analysis to private investors and traders based in the UK. With a monthly e-magazine, daily blog and regular events this company provides wide ranging investment ideas and analysis from the people who’ve “been there, done that”.
This is a 2 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the potential to be extended or convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
This is a virtual company in that the employees work remotely, you will have the choice of working from home or the company will provide a hot-desk membership in a conveniently located co-working space e.g. We Work where there will be many small growing businesses, break out areas, social events and freelancers.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Mining, analysing and inputting data into the company’s CRM software and internal databases from multiple sources.
• Take ownership of data inputting and ensure data is kept up-to-date and clean.
• Continuously review and verify data entered into databases to ensure accuracy.
• Research and identify new data sources to use in lead generation campaigns.
• When required, obtain further information for incomplete data fields using external sources.
• Ensure data procedures comply with internal policies and data privacy laws.
• Provide additional support to the marketing team such as administrative duties related to event marketing campaigns.
• There will sometimes be the need for occasional meetings in Central London and possibly out of our hours working at events – in these cases, any additional expenses incurred will be covered.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, ideally subjects including modules in Marketing, Business Studies or related subjects but these are not pre-requisites.
• Familiar with data manipulation and profiling.
• Experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work diligently, independently and to targets.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good communication skills.
• Quick learner, self-starter with a can-do attitude is a must for the role.
Bonus points for:
• Prior experience in an administration or marketing position.
• Experience using CRM software and databases.
• Experience of carrying out marketing campaigns, particularly email marketing campaigns.
• Knowledge of the financial services and investment industry.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Work for a well backed publishing and events company operating in the finance sector which will develop your knowledge, experience and contacts in these three sectors.
• Join a growing and ambitious company.
• Have independence about where you work i.e. from home or a central London We Work office with all the perks that come with it e.g. complimentary kitchen, regular industry talks and social events.