Resident Medical Officer - RMO - Oncology/Chemo Day Unit
HCA Healthcare UK Winners of Best International Cancer services provider 2016, London's largest private healthcare providers is actively recruiting for a specialist RMO - Resident Medical Officer to be based in our Harley Street at University College Hospital in London, NW1 2BU.
Established in 2006 and is fully JACIE accredited, Harley Street at UCH offers the very best in private haematology healthcare, supporting patients through screening, diagnosis, treatment and aftercare, including; cutting edge radiotherapy, phlebotomy, transfusions, antibody treatments, allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplantation and bone marrow transplantation. Working with internationally renowned experts to provide specialist treatment including a JACIE accredited bone marrow transplant service and non-cancerous conditions such as blood disorders and stem cell transplant for some auto-immune conditions.
Whilst the prime focus of this unit is haematological cancers, Harley Street at UCH also have a wide range and high level of experience in other blood disorders, making this role extremely diverse and interesting, in turn allowing you to continually learn and develop.
We are actively recruiting for the Chemotherapy Day Unit and Outpatients Department. This role reports to the Clinical Services Manager.
We are offering permanent contract, ideally full time hours however part time requests may be considered.
Day Shifts only
Salary Guide; £55000 - £65000 pa dependent upon experience.
As a Resident Medical Officer you can expect a competitive salary package plus - benefits which include: Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review. Regular job reviews and appraisals, study leave fund for appropriate courses and in house training.
We are supportive of training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those doctors wishing to study for a higher degree such as a PhD. We are looking to extend this cooperation with NHS facilities and Research Institutes for doctors who also wish to go out of programme to study for other qualifications such as management degrees and diplomas
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be present and contactable within the day care and outpatient settings at all times
- Examine and review patients when required/requested by the nursing staff or Consultants
- To develop and maintain close working relationships with Consultants, clinical and other staff
- To ensure a safe, professional and welcoming environment for the patients, visitors and staff, ensuring equal opportunities, dignity and privacy are respected at all times.
- To communicate any medical problems or concerns to Consultants
- Responsibility for prescribing of medicines to take home (TTOs).
- Initiate routine requests and treatments with the prior consent of the consultants
- To undertake certain medical procedures as required including bone marrow biopsies
- To provide urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff or visitors in case of accident tor sudden illness in liaison with the senior nurse on duty.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully Registered with the GMC
- Successful completion of MRCP or equivalent (Desirable)
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation Competencies from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme