Area Operations Manager - South
Area Operations Manager (South) up to £30k DOE
An established and respected company based just outside Woking Surrey are looking for an Area Operations Manager with experience in construction, groundworks, landscaping or related industry to join them as in the South region to support their growth across the region.
Ideally you will live within commuteable distance of the office as when not on site you will be based in the office. You may also be required on occasion to work away from home on other sites across the UK to support other operational managers.
Job role of the Area Operations manager (South)
Area Operations Managers report and are accountable to their respective Senior Regional Manager on all operational issues. Their roles and responsibilities include:
Responsibility for all projects allocated to them as Project Owner to include herbicide work and all physical removal work. Typical tasks include;
- Carrying out Residential and Commercial surveys
- To liaise with clients to arrange works and attend any pre-start meetings with the corresponding consultant or Senior Regional Manger
- To prepare site paperwork
- To order plant, machinery and haulage for waste as required
- To liaise with and arrange operatives, plant operators and labourers as necessary to ensure projects are properly resourced.
- To supervise all works on site, ensuring high standards of work are met.
- To complete Management Plans and guarantee certificates
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage a team
- Awareness and ability to make a positive impact with prospective and existing customers.
- Excellent time keeping
- Able to work successfully alone as well as within a team to pre-determined objectives
- Excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Construction, groundworks, landscaping or related industry
- Good IT skills
- Plant operator and PA1/PA6 spray tickets desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Full driving licence, trailer licence would be an advantage
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV by applying here with a short covering letter. We will acknowledge your application.