Assistant Financial Accountant - Cash Flow - Utilities Client
Assistant Financial Accountant
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant to work for a leading utilities client in Coventry. The successful candidate will be assisting with Cash Flow Forecasting and Journal Reconciliation. The role will also include month and year end close activities, management of cash and banking, reconciliations, chart of account maintenance and fixed assets activities.
- Assist in the provision of cash flow forecasting, emergency payments and clearing of payment files. Undertake maintenance of bank mandates, authorised signatories, authority limits, C Series etc.
- Assist the Process Manager, General Accounting in the management of a timely monthly close cycle including the efficient and accurate maintenance of feeder system interfaces into the General Ledger.
- Contribute to the management of the Fixed Asset Register to ensure a robust Fixed Asset and depreciation accounting service is delivered (including maintenance of all necessary governance, controls, FAR maintenance and interest capitalisation) and the approval and implementation of any required changes to depreciation policy are included.
- Undertake straightforward and non-critical balance sheet reconciliations including control accounts, intercompany, fixed assets and bank accounts.
Skills and Experience
- Part Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
- Experience with Month End processes
- Strong experience with cash flow forecasting and Journal reconciliation
- Large corporate experience would be highly desirable
- There is the requirement to travel to another site in the midlands occasionally