Claims Fraud Handler
We are looking for a Fraud Claims Handler to join our Fraud team within our Travel Insurance department. The role will involve a range of investigations in an ethical and professional manner, employing best practice and key investigative competencies to minimise the Company’s exposure to fraud.
As a Fraud Claims Handler:
- You will receive new instructions (either manual or system generated referral) and identify claims that require investigation and undertake them though a combination of techniques, including but not limited to Conversation Management, data analytics, research and other evidence gathering techniques.
- Obtain evidence with due regard to appropriate legislation and practices such as Data Protection and relevant sections of PACE to ensure evidence is admissible.
- Identify new or previously unrecognised fraud trends/patterns and bring to the attention of the Claims Fraud Team Leader.
- Appoint, liaise and develop mutually beneficial relationships with external service suppliers (i.e. panel solicitors/surveillance providers/ etc.) to ensure the timely resolution of claims at minimum cost.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
The role requires:
- Self motivation and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Being able to demonstrate an understanding of how to ‘size a problem’ and develop a solution and also be a strong innovative thinker not constrained by typical boundaries.
- Sound knowledge of the claims process, with experience ideally within Travel Insurance sector.
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise case load.
Proven previous experience within a fraud role, ideally within a travel claims environment, or alternatively extensive previous experience within Travel Claims role.
What are we looking for
We look for a range of diverse qualities in candidates for this role:
- Previous customer service experience is vital, but we’re very open-minded about the industry sector in which you’ve gained this. It could be retail, hospitality, catering, health or social care. The important thing is that you’ve learnt to put the customer at the heart of everything you do. Confident, clear, professional and courteous telephone manner – able to put people at their ease.
- A naturally empathic and compassionate nature – we value life experience as highly as technical skills.
- An enquiring mind, able to gather the facts with relevant questions whilst using initiative.
- PC literate – a reasonable level of PC skills is required, although we will obviously teach you how to use our insurance-specific software packages as part of your training programme.
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload and prioritise effectively, whilst maintaining an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy – GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, Grade C or above.
What we can offer you
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a selection of our current benefits: