Digital Editorial Manager
Editorial Manager (Digital)
The Law Society is the professional body that represents, promotes and supports solicitors. We provide advice and guidance to solicitors, support diversity within the legal profession and we campaign on legal issues of importance to our members and the public. To do this we need digital experts.
The digital editorial manager is responsible for the production, management and continual improvement of digital content and the member experience. We are looking for someone with a passion for digital content who can lead the digital editorial team to produce high quality content for web and social channels, ensuring it is highly accessible, usable, and measurable, and effectively engages the target audience.
The legal sector is facing significant challenges such as negotiating on Brexit, legal aid and legal regulation. Supporting our lobbying activities and our commercial interests you will take a proactive approach, understanding the needs of the organisation and reacting quickly to events around you. You will be an outstanding communicator, who can manage stakeholder expectations, network at all levels and have an interest in content that meets the needs of a diverse and discerning membership.
The role requires proven editorial and project management skills with a flair for innovation, a good eye for design, and an understanding of website design and brand identity. You will need to use a range of web technologies and adapt to new ones that will connect with our members. You'll need to be familiar with content management systems, HTML, analytics, usability and search engine optimisation.
The Law Society is transforming digital services, and this is a great opportunity to work creatively and make a real difference to the transformation of services to members and to the public.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with Head of Digital and Brand to develop and implement a content strategy
- Day-to-day management and development of the Law Society's main website
- Manage content workflows and identify ways to improve processes to ensure high quality and efficient publication
- Provide internal consultancy for digital communications best practice
- Edit, adapt and rewrite content as required and copyedit, proofread and quality control before publication using content management systems
- Oversee the production of our weekly e newsletter, Professional Update, and manage the workflow of other enews titles
- Devise and commission analytical reports and participate in user research to inform our development of the website
- Ensure that all content is edited for SEO and meets accepted best practices in usability, accessibility and website design
- Support the development of digital capability and the rationalisation of content across all digital platforms in order that we can be a 'digital first' organisation
- Supervise multimedia production, identifying need and the most effective usage and ensuring members can access current and positive material via the appropriate channels
- Oversee social media activity across multiple channels
- Line manage and develop the digital editorial team