Nobia UK is part of the Nobia Group, Europe`s leading kitchen specialist. On paper, they develop, manufacture and sell smart and attractive kitchens under their UK brand names (Magnet, Rixonway, Gower, Commodore and CIE) and also through twenty or so strong International brands. But what they really do is inspire people to realise their kitchen dreams.
This is an exciting time to join the Nobia business due to the creation of a new finance shared service centre in Darlington.
You will lead the UK transactional accounting centre to deliver first class services to all the Nobia UK businesses. This will include direct management of 4 to include AP Manager, Banking & Cash Manager and 3 assistant accountants.
Your remit will include: -
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Nobia UK Transactional Accounting Centre (TAC) including training, coaching & development of your team
- Manage all financial close processes at month, quarter and year end
- Ensure the financial integrity of the balance sheet and P&L
- Own process documentation and flowcharts for the TAC. Ensuring AP, AR, Banking, Fixed Assets and general accounting processes are documented for all UK finance systems
- Create and define internal control measures
- Develop KPI reporting for all functions
- Integrate additional business units into the TAC. Define and align processes & interfaces between the TAC and the individual UK business unit financial controllers
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Stakeholder engagement with internal customers including the resolution of issues and challenges.
You will: -
- Be a qualified accountant
- Have strong man-management experience
- Have excellent process, systems and controls experience, along with a `continuous improvement` ethos
- Able to engage stakeholders throughout the business, both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ideally have experience of using SAP, or a large ERP system i.e. Oracle, JD Edwards, etc