Part-time Practice Manager
Title of Post: Practice Manager, Bevan Wilson Ltd.
Accountable to: James Avery, Managing Director.
Hours: 26-34 hours per week over 4-5 days. Full-time role may be considered for the right candidate.
Bevan Wilson are looking for a dedicated, dynamic and efficient part-time Practice Manager to support the Managing Director and to provide effective leadership of a dedicated team to enable the Practice to meet its planned objectives in a profitable, efficient, safe and enjoyable working environment.
The Practice Manager will work closely with the Managing Director to manage budgets, maintain up to date financial accounts and manage clinic utilisation and contracts to achieve planned operational and financial targets. You will be responsible for targeted business development, effective management of the Practice team and oversee all aspects of health and safety, operations, infrastructure, compliance, KPI monitoring and customer service enhancement.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Office Manager to ensure that professional operational standards and excellent customer care are implemented and maintained at all times.
Bevan Wilson has been established for 24 years and is one of Surrey’s leading Physiotherapy and Sports Injury practices. Our company structure and values mean that you will need to be an excellent communicator, organiser and team manager and motivator.
Bevan Wilson believes in delivering an exceptional client-focused service from enquiry through to full recovery. You will ensure that our systems and processes facilitate this service whilst being robust and delivering business stability.
The healthcare industry is increasingly competitive and constantly evolving. You will support the Managing Director to ensure that we remain a competitive, market leader in all areas of our business.
Outline of Role:
- Develop, maintain and lead a highly motivated, focussed and happy team.
- Ensure the Practice meets income and expenditure targets through budget implementation, P&L review, clinical diary optimisation, marketing and customer service improvements.
- Provide accurate and up to date KPI, financial and practice management reports to the Managing Director for business planning, performance review and strategic purposes.
- Maintain full compliance with all legislative and governance requirements eg health and safety, clinical governance, and company policy including designation as the appointed Health and Safety Officer for the Company with accountability for implementation and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain third party relationships to maximise business opportunities and to promote the practice brand. Liaise with patients, contractors, suppliers, insurance companies and referrers, resolving all issues in an effective, professional and timely manner in line with Company policy.
- Effectively manage all employee and contractor relations to minimise operational disruption and ensure consistent level of service. To include recruitment, references, DBS checks, induction, contracts, compliance, payroll, discipline, grievance and any other HR or performance issues in line with Company policy. Liaise with HR advisor where necessary.
- Implement and utilise internal processes, staff training and contractor liaison to enhance customer service, ensure excellent and efficient communication and the generation of constructive feedback and KPI data from both clinicians and patients.
- Work closely with the Office Manager to ensure robust and responsive facilities management - office premises, utilities, housekeeping, telephones and broadband, card payments and IT.
- Monitor KPI’s and support clinicians to achieve their targets.
- Daily financial administration and management including book-keeping.
- Attendance and organisation of in-house and external events.
- Previous management and administrative experience is essential with a proven track record of effective team management (within healthcare or professional services desirable but not essential).
- Organised and efficient. Able to prioritise and delegate when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Decision maker, completer-finisher and ability to effectively manage and resolve unexpected issues across patient services, HR, infrastructure, health and safety etc.
- Team motivator and influencer.
- Proactive, mature and confident.
- Competent, confident and proactive IT skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Xero accounts package (training available) and clinical software.
- Part-time 25-32 hours per week over 4-5days. Full-time role may be considered for the right candidate.
- Salary £27-30K (pro rata) dependant on experience and responsibilities.
- Flexible working hours required including some regular evening and occasional weekend work or events attendance.
- The role may require you to work at any Bevan Wilson address and may involve regular local business travel.
- You will need to have use of a car and a valid driving licence.
This is a guide to the major aspects of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post-holder may be asked to undertake other tasks in relation to their general duties. The job description is subject to amendment at the Managing Director’s discretion.
Applicants should Email a copy of their CV along with a brief overview of their suitability for the role by midday on Wednesday 14th June 2017.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted by 16th June. Interviews will be held Monday 26th June 2017 or w/c 3rd July.