Financial and Project Accountant
The Financial & Project Accountant will play a critical role within the team, working across Finance operations supporting accounting (sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control) and FP&A teams as well as management of key projects
My client are a private equity backed organisation within the hospitality sector. Currently turning over £35m, they are looking to consolidate within finance over the next 12 months, employing tier 1 people to develop and improve processes, systems and the quality of management information to assist operational teams.
The company is a growing and dynamic environment and the finance team is friendly and ambitious and has a strong mandate to improve and implement change.
Supporting the preparation of the monthly board pack, business reviews and reporting
- Calculation, booking and explanation of key provisions, accruals and others journals
- Project Management (cross functional) of key projects, systems implementations and process improvement, efficiency and control initiatives
- Supporting the evolution of the finance system capabilities
- Supporting the compilation of business and investment cases
- Supporting the preparation of statutory accounts (to excellent level with no post audit adjustments)
- Supporting the preparation of management information and analysis for internal and external clients
- Supporting the significant growth agenda
- Following the money to identify and implement added value and cash saving opportunities
- Deputise for Financial Controller, FP&A Manager and team leads during absence and travel.
Experience & Qualifications
A Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA), with strong academic achievement and relevant experience
- Strong technical background and skillset
- Experienced Project Manager, managing complex and cross functional projects
- Proven track record delivering multiple process improvement, efficiency and control initiatives (passion and curiosity for improvement)
- Experience preparing management accountants, preparing monthly reports for senior stakeholders and the calculation and booking of key provisions and other journals
- Excellent communication skills
- Broad and varied experiences in role in industry (or potentially practice)
- Experience of working in a number of systems including SAGE and Business Intelligence, as well as the core MS Office products
- Experience of improving the operational performance of the business through financial reporting, reviews and decision modelling.
Core Skills / Attributes
Technically strong, with a strong awareness of UK GAAP and IFRS standards
- Communication - in all forms with ability to adapt your style for each audience
- Critical prioritisation of workload
- Excellent system and modelling skills (SAGE, Excel, BI and other related systems)
- Process expertise - defining, implementing and reviewing activity versus standards
- Attention to detail and sound judgement - ability to work in a repeatable way that enables work to be picked up by others and to be well and easily understood
- Ability to work under pressure and ambiguity
- Project Management - deadline/delivery focussed, working in a way that is positive but assertive (chasing busy people with conflicting priorities)
- Open and easily builds relationships with people
- Self improving and ambitious to improve
- A passionate and positive financial practitioner who wants to make a difference and contribute to the commercial performance and continuous improvement of the business results.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary plus benefits