QA & Automation Engineer - IoT
Package includes equity and benefits and discretionary bonus
Our client is a leading Internet of Things provider, providing intelligent solutions that are truly disrupting and revolutionising the insurance industry. The company is still small (25 people) with massive ambitions to grow from innovator to market leader which brings a wealth of opportunities for you. They are predicted to be worth £100 million in the next 2 - 4 years. The very attractive package on offer includes stock options.
Working in the London office, the QA & Automation Engineer will be responsible for creating next generation and implementing existing, QA strategy, test policy, processes and automation framework to ensure all released software is of the highest quality possible. This is an exciting and rewarding role requiring
You will be a skilled and accredited master of testing and automation and will possess the experience and ability to implement process, create secure scalable environments and continually optimise performance. This role requires a disciplined, detail oriented individual seeking a challenging fast paced environment utilising best of breed Cloud tools and ecosystems and contemporary approaches to software quality control and deployment.
- Implement next-generation continuous integration & deployment framework
- Implement a strong test automation and analysis framework
- Create a performance, scalability, and reliability testing framework
- Solve problems and pro-actively look for ways to improve build processes and support the engineering team members
- Familiar with the AWS environment (EC2, S33, EBS, ML)
- Extensive experience using tools and frameworks such as Docker, Jasmine, Jenkins.
- Thorough understanding of concurrency, threading, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience in UI performance testing and cross-browser compatibility testing
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Expert level optimization skills to improve performance, scalability, and usability of our applications
- A track record of writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
- Software house experience, comfortable taking the initiative and getting a high quality job done within tight (agreed) timeframes
Our client uses the following technologies and you will have some of these amongst your skillset and be keen to pick up the rest:-
Languages: Java, Vue JS
Access Control: Spring Security, OAuth2.0 and CAS
Automation & Integration: Jasmine, Jenkins, Docker.
Logging & Diagnostics: ELK
Database: SQL, Cassandra, RedShift, MongoDB, Postgre.
The skills we are also interested in:
Experience working with distributed systems.
Experience in test driven development.
System administration in hybrid cloud environment.
ISO 27001 requirements
If you would like to work in an environment free of red tape while you work on complex problems and continually learn and grow, please get in touch to find out more.