Banking & Cashier Manager
Nobia UK is part of the Nobia Group, Europe`s leading kitchen specialist. On paper, they develop, manufacture and sell smart and attractive kitchens under their UK brand names (Magnet, Rixonway, Gower, Commodore and CIE) and also through twenty or so strong International brands. But what they really do is inspire people to realise their kitchen dreams.
This is an exciting time to join the Nobia business due to the creation of a new finance shared service centre in Darlington.
You will be providing leadership, management and financial expertise to ensure that the Cash and Banking Payable team succeed in the effective and efficient processing of bank, credit card, cash and finance transactions.
Leading a team of 4 Accounts Clerks (Cashiers), you will be responsible for cash processing in a multi-currency, multi-account environment. You will be responsible for store banking, credit card receipts, web payments and finance agreement receipts across multiple business units.
Your remit will include:-
- Being responsible for all cash, finance or credit card processes and the implementation and improvement of related reconciliations, controls and procedures.
- Monitoring the workload of the team ensuring accuracy is maintained and all deadlines met.
- Handling all escalated queries from the team in a timely manner.
- Preparing and interpreting daily, weekly and monthly reports, and control reconciliations on Cash and Banking team activity in line with Company policy and audit requirement.
- Introducing and monitoring key KPI`s and SLA`s for the Cash and Banking team activity function in accordance with business expectation.
- Driving continuous improvement in the Cash and Baking function and maintain the departmental policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the Performance management, coaching and development of the Cash and Banking team.
- Acting as the Nobia UK SAP Cash and Banking expert.
- Establishing a close working relationship with accounts receivable, credit control, business unit finance teams and other key internal customers.
- Developing effective relationships with Banks, credit card processing companies and finance providers.
- Being the main point of contact for audit liaison and compliance in relation to cash and Banking.
You will: -
- Have strong leadership skills and ability to manage change.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Be financially aware with strong Excel skills.
- Previous SAP knowledge within a busy accounting environment managing teams.