We currently have a vacancy for a Quality Inspector. Our client specializes in providing high performance engineered metal hoses. As a Quality Inspector, you will be required to inspect all products across production and goods inwards to ensure quality standards are met.
Skills and Experience:
- Inspection of products across shopfloor, goods inwards and final inspection of assemblies.
- Raising non-conformance issues with immediate manager and recommending appropriate containment and corrective actions.
- Raising (NCR) non-conformance reports where appropriate.
- Assemble and test products to ensure conformance to quality standards.
- Ensure that all measurement systems are calibrated and serviced according to the company calibration procedure and timetable.
- Collecting and measuring to assess conformance to drawing/specification on factored/component items.
- Progressing quarantine product and organising agreed rework or return to supplier.
- Processing customer returns.
- An understanding of problem solving/continuous improvement techniques.
- Performing internal audits.
- Computer Literate with good communication skills.
- Entering data into goods received database.
- Attention to detail, particularly with respect to specifications and product quality.
- Task driven individual and able to drive tasks to an accurate completion.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player, able to make effective decisions and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to actively and continuously improve activities by seeking new approaches and methods to the role.
- Performs in process quality checks ensuring products comply with relevant specification.
- Experience of quality inspection within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience of working within the flexible hose industry is essential.
- Able to perform internal audits.
- Knowledge of WPS/WPQ/PQR welding would be an advantage.
- Records, organises and evaluates test results and generates QA inspection reports as and when required.
- Highlight any non-conformances and actively contributes to the overall quality of the product and processes.
- Maintains test equipment and endures calibration is compliant for tests to be performed.
- Understanding the materials to be tested, how they are manufactured and the impact on the end product.
- Co-operating with all departments to enhance the overall product/process quality is of the very highest standard.