Oncology Patients Case Manager
Our Client a leading Private Hospital Group are looking for an experienced Oncology Nurse who has experience of the discharge process with Patients to join them within a Patient Case Manager position.
You would be responsible for assessments, continued reviews and coordination of discharge planning activities. This is accomplished by conferring with all parties involved and identifying appropriate options.
Also you would participate in the collaboration process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options and services to meet patient health needs during their stay at a hospital. This achieved through communication and use of available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes.
The role includes:
• Perform utilisation reviews for all Managed Care patients as appropriate
• Using Critical Care guidelines as appropriate
• Resource/liaise between patient, hospital, physicians and third party payers to optimise patient’s treatment
• Patient advocacy
• Promote effective resource utilization and appropriate levels of care
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to coordinate patient’s care plan including full discharge planning
• Demonstrate behaviour supportive of team achieving department goals
• Track and trend denial and appeals to identify issues and develop action plans for resolution
• Act in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act to protect patient privacy • Support Case Manager team, serving as back up resource as required
You will have:
• NMC registered
• Ideally a Degree in Nursing
• Experience working in Oncology
• Acute hospital nursing experience
• Utilisation Review (UR) experience preferred.
• Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer skills good use of Excel and powerpoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a leading and patient focused Hospital Group where you can support the development and improvement of their aware winning Oncology department.
For further information please contact Adam