Software Developer - IT Specialist
My Client are a leading insurance comparison specialists with significant expertise in the travel insurance industry. They operate their own online comparison websites as well as supplying white label solutions to our business partners in the UK and overseas. Thry are dedicated to developing cutting edge technology and is highly focused in identifying and capitalising on marketing opportunities to dominate the online insurance comparison arena.
Main purpose of role
Design, develop and maintain new and existing software systems within CYTI in line with company objectives.
- Make a significant contribution to the development of CYTI software products.
- Produce solutions that are functional and efficient and in line with company standards.
- Ensure solutions produced have been tested in line with company standards.
- Provide regular reports to stakeholders on key indicators agreed.
- Consider both technical and non-technical requirements when determining solutions.
- Provide ongoing support for existing CYTI products.
- Produce viable estimations for work items and manage work progress against these.
- Mentor other team members and become a subject matter expert for CYTI products.
- Deputise for Team Leader as appropriate.
- Manage assigned projects to delivery on agreed timescales.
- Contribute to system and platform architecture direction.
- Contribute to all areas of the company SDLC as appropriate.
- Maintain a professional image in line with company ethos.
- Understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain good timekeeping and manage own work time effectively.
Skills & Experience
At least 5 years experience in a commercial software environment.
- Microsoft Stack Experience
- C#, .NET, MVC
- SQL Server
- Proficient in application of SOLID principles
- Ability to write well-structured maintainable code
- Knowledge of cross browser issues and implementations
- Experience working with an n-tier application framework
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience of continuous integration
- Experience of using Web Services
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new knowledge quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve effectively and consistently
- Analytical thinker
Knowledge of automated testing techniques
Knowledge of TDD techniques