Project Planner / Controller
An exciting opportunity to join a newly created team at our Stansted Airport.
Only candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience with Primavera P6 EPPM & Oracle/SAP need apply. Previous applicants need not apply.
Working within a team of Project Planners you will assure the logical integrity, deliverability, and progress claimed on both the schedule & cost for a range of Capital Expenditure projects across the Airports portfolio. You will monitor the cost & schedules for several projects within the portfolio, working closely with a team of Project Managers & reporting project performance to a client audience which includes Asset Management & Finance. You will develop and shape schedules & cost profiles during the different stages of project lifecycle, working with the project managers to agree scope, activities, sequence, budgets, milestones, time risk & any recovery plans, and deciding how this will best translate into PRIMAVERA.’
- Proficient in cost & scheduling principles for project management
- Must be an Expert PRIMAVERA P6 user
- P6 user - to supply baseline budget and progress figures to feed Earned Value
- Act as the subject matter expert providing Primavera P6 EPPM & Oracle/SAP Financial application knowledge
- Accountable for creating and maintaining project budget data including schedules, actuals and forecasts
- Responsible for analysing progress reported against the work schedules and produce reports on projects’ progress performance and forecasts
- Responsible for contributing to a number of projects where the outputs of this work will be aggregated to provide programme level plans, budgets, schedules, forecasts and reports.
The Project Controllers principle accountabilities will be:
- Provide weekly status reporting on key business projects within any Financial Year to the Project Controls Manager and Head of Project Controls for consumption by the Engineering Services Directors & Group Asset Management Directors.
- Sole responsibility of the Single Project List (SPL), which is the initial generator in the Group business project creation process
- Liaison with Directors & business level approvers of both the CAPEX & GW process in order to track progress & unlock any approval issues or blockages within the system.
- Produce near term (3 month look ahead week by week) capital projects cash-flow forecasts for MAG Finance.
- Produce up to date medium term (12 month rolling) forecast of capital projects cash-flow for capital programme Outturn.
- Produce longer term project and programme information to inform and update long term plans.
- Assist in the development, planning and control of a the overall Capital Expenditure plan for MAG covering one-year, five-year and ten-year business planning periods.
- Assist in payment tracking and cash-flow forecasting for accrual purposes.
- Assist in retentions management.
- Ensure timesheet compliance and reporting on internal charges.
- Work in conjunction with the MAG Supply Chain team and Strategic Programme Management supplier to develop capital expenditure efficiencies from standardisation and work bundling opportunities.
- Responsible for auditing commercial management services and Contractors commercial management to ensure consistent high standards for MAG.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience of working with Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM enterprise tool.
- Technical ability to proficiently update & manipulate the system in order to shape bespoke reports as necessary, whilst maintaining control & governance in line with a robust project delivery system. Must have the technical skills to ensure a smooth deployment and to achieve the planned business goals.
- Be able to specify the technical environment required for implementation, provide installation support, and integrate with other in-house systems.
- Ability to advise on & carry out the following tasks: Integrating Primavera P6 with other enterprise systems, System Customizations, Primavera P6 custom report writing, Ability to transfer data from previous Primavera P6 versions & Data migrations from other systems (MS Project etc).
- Knowledge & experience of working with the latest industry scheduling, profile & cost tools, including Primavera & SAP. Demonstrate significant experience in providing both near term & medium term project cash-flow forecasts (12 month rolling). Ability to shape & provide bespoke reports from Primavera.
- Membership of RICS or equivalent qualification (ICE, IMechE or IEE) - although not a pre-requisite the Project Controller should be at an advanced stage of gaining this (date of APC planned with RICS). In addition to the above the following are preferred: A Project Management foundation qualification as recognised by RICS, ICE, IMechE or IEE. A Project Management process qualification - Prince 2 Practitioner. Primavera P6 user capability to an advanced / administrator level
- A background in a commercial role (Quantity Surveying etc.) is preferred, as well as experience in delivering complex multi-stakeholder projects & programmes of work to tight regulatory deadlines.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar operational environment
Strictly no agencies please.
Applicants to apply directly through MAG website with your current cv, cover letter and current remunerations and benefits package via M.A.G website
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th June 2017