This role is with the UK’s largest outsourcing Judicial Group who are searching for a Risk professional to be part of the Compliance team. You will provide advisory and assurance support to the Board of Directors on the management and oversight of the risk exposure of the business.
Core duties and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Compliance, you will be responsible for:
- The development and management of the risk management framework for the Group, including assisting the business to:
o Create effective relationships with senior managers and supporting them with risk registers for each corporate entity, division, function
o managing all types of risk; enterprise, regulatory, legislative and standards,
o support those businesses in the development of controls and key risk indicators;
o generating regular reports on the same;
o delivering risk training (internally) and assurance to stakeholders
- Managing and supporting Compliance Business Partners across the group
- Project Management (regarding GDPR, SMCR, thematic reviews, acquisition/integration, investigations) as directed by the Director of Compliance.
- Supporting Compliance Team with generation of group reports and recommendations combining data from group.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Confident in dealing with senior managers, stakeholders, team members, external service providers & related matters arising.
- Excellent communication skills.
- UK travel will be required from time to time sometimes including overnight stays.
Knowledge and skills: essential
- IT literate - proficiency with Microsoft, Word, Excel (intermediate/advanced for reporting), Outlook and Sharepoint.
- Data Protection legislation and relevant codes of conduct / practice. Confident of delivery of training (internal).
- Presenting and reporting facts (verbal, written).
- Ability to excel under pressure and when working to frequent tight deadlines.
- Data interpretation.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the business, relevant standards and regulatory footprint.
Knowledge and skills: desirable
- Experience of using databases and generating reports.
- Knowledge of the civil enforcement process or other related industries.
- Knowledge of ISO31000
- Good level of general and technical education.
- Professional (Legal/Insurance/Risk/Financial/Audit). E.g., IRM, ICA, CSA