Support Desk Technician
Support Desk Technician, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Our client is expanding its world wide service portfolio and has an immediate vacancy for a Support Desk Technician to be based in their North East office. The main purpose of this role if to be the first point of contact between our clients end-users and support functions.
- Responding to all customer requests for technical help
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Ensuring all incidents are progressed to the end of cycle and satisfactory resolution including prioritising of tasks to ensure that service level agreement targets are met
- Performing first level fixes such as restarting services, issuing fix information for known problems, rebooting unresponsive services etc
- Allocating incidents to high-level support
- Monitoring network availability and uptime, and co-ordinating action where required
The successful applicant will have:
- Worked in a service desk environment before with a track record of delivering high level customer service
- Have a keen interest in IT and keep abreast of the latest trends in technology
Applicants with the following knowledge and experience will be at an advantage:
- Cisco knowledge/CCNA/General Networking
- Remote Support (Remote desktop/team viewer)
- Firewall/Router knowledge
- Windows (all versions!)
Please note that our client operates a helpdesk 24/7, so applicants must be able and willing to work shifts which will include night shifts and weekends on occasion.
Salary to £24,000
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of candidates currently responding to our advertisements, we are not always able to provide feedback regarding your application. If you have not heard from us in 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.