Manager - Guildford
To manage all aspects of the branch and its staff. Working collaboratively with the Assistant Branch Manager, to ensure the quantity, quality and flow of production to deliver a consistently excellent standard of presentation of product and customer service. To assume primary responsibility on site for health and safety and food hygiene standards.
To provide strong leadership and to motivate their team to achieve company aims and objectives in delivering its vision. To set an example to staff in respect of company standards of professionalism, behaviours and output. To ensure the image of company is positively projected at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Minimum of two years experience at supervisory or management level within an artisan luxury retail environment, preferably food retail; experience of, and aptitude for, working in a "hands on" commercial environment;
• Good basic standard of literacy and numeracy; good basic IT literacy, proficient in use of Microsoft software including Word and Excel;
• Good basic working knowledge of health and safety regulations and food hygiene legislation is essential;
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships and to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels both within the branch and throughout the company;
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written; able to communicate with staff and management at all levels
• Excellent planning, organisational and time-management skills.
Leadership and people management
• To communicate effectively to the branch team the Company’s business objectives;
• To take primary responsibility for the recruitment, appraisal, training and development of the branch team to achieve their potential, through support and challenge;
•To manage and monitor the delivery of induction training with all new recruits and to maintain standards through regular refresher training;
• To ensure the implementation and follow up of all training manuals for new and existing staff;
• To set, monitor and review individual key performance targets for direct reports to ensure the achievement of the Company’s business targets;
• To monitor all aspects of employee performance and, in consultation with the Area Manager, to take appropriate and timely remedial action; to monitor and control all forms of employee absence, including holiday and sickness in accordance with company policy;
• To deliver a daily team-talk to staff together with monthly front of house and kitchen team meetings to motivate and to deliver refresher training and to ensure that staff have all the necessary company information regarding, for example, promotional offers and new products;
• To build and maintain effective relationships within the branch and to promote a free flow of effective communication and a harmonious working environment for all staff to enjoy.
Finance & HR
• To manage the branch budget, assisting in the preparation and planning of the budget and ensuring budgetary controls are adhered to;
• To organise and manage the accurate and timely banking of all takings on a daily basis;