Project Manager Electrical
Fantastic opportunity to work for a world leading research institution in central London.
Your new company
Our client is a world leading research institution within central London.
Your new role
Our client is looking for a Project Manager (Electrical bais) to take ownership of specific projects, both minor and major as directed by the Head of Engineering Projects. You will be required to provide the interface between the customer group and the Building Services team in order to deliver projects that optimise the maintenance strategy for maximum reliability and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum HNC or equivalent electrically biased qualified in relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge and application of project management processes (similar to Prince 2, APM (PQM)
- At least 5 years' experience in management of minor and major engineering projects in research and pharmaceutical environments or similar
- Awareness of building services operations and maintenance at engineer level working in a critical/complex environment
- Working knowledge and experience of all health and safety legislation and regulatory requirements including HASAW, EAWR, PUWER, DSEAR regulations
- Experienced in plant, equipment, and system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations
- A detailed understanding of critical plant and systems, and corresponding maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge and experience of reliability based maintenance techniques and industry best practice
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms
- Excellent IT skills
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills
- A self-starter and strong team-player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent customer/supplier working relationships
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £46,000 depending on level of experience
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Generous pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.