Group Reporting Accountant
To support the Group Reporting Manager in the production of the consolidated accounts for the Group. Part of a small team which has wide-ranging responsibility for managing financial reporting for the Group.
- Assist the Group Reporting Manager in coordinating with the Operating Companies to ensure complete and timely reporting in accordance with relevant accounting standards & Group accounting policies and in line with the Group reporting timetable.
- Preparation of the complex financial consolidation for the Group for the purposes of the annual statutory accounts, quarterly management accounts and annual budgets.
- Prepare draft commentary for the Group management accounts and budgets for Group Board review.
- Monitor and analyse Operating Company performance.
- Contribute to the production of the Group Annual Report by the preparation of schedules, notes and draft commentary.
- Work with the Group Reporting Manager to develop and enhance the Group consolidation system and consolidation processes.
- Review developments in financial reporting standards and work with the Group Reporting Manager and the Operating Companies to ensure compliance with external GAAP and Group accounting policies.
- Undertake ad-hoc financial analysis.
Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
Experience likely to be the equivalent to 2 years PQE plus
- Hands-on experience of undertaking multi-currency consolidations with complex structures, and analysing / explaining financial results essential.
- Preferably trained in a "big four" accounting practice with exposure to "blue-chip" multi-national businesses, followed by post qualification experience in a Group role.
- Prior experience in the property industry is advantageous.
- Previous experience of producing management accounts.
- Previous experience of Cognos Controller.
- Up-to-date and thorough knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and reporting requirements, and the ability to apply technical requirements in practice.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and excel skills.
- Has demonstrated capability in optimising the use of systems and developing highly efficient business processes.